Southcoast Welding & Manufacturing offers a wide range of machining services. Using CNC machining and CAD/CAM software, our machining facility is dedicated to quality parts and on time delivery. We specialize in general machining, production runs, custom parts, and repairs. We can reverse engineer to support unique and shipbuilding projects.
We accept CAD file formats which include IGES, STEP, DFX, DWG, and PDF. Our Machining Facility is supported by a fully equipped fabrication shop, weld shop and mechanical shop.
State of the Art Machining and Equipment:
- The Mighty Viper mill, with 35 HP and max RPM of 6,000, and a universal head that allows X axis 126 inches, Y axis 90 inches, and 39 inches
- 2 Haas VF-4 CNC Mills with axis travels of X 50” Y 20” and Z 25” with an rpm range of 0-8,100 and 0-10,000 on the VF4-ss mill
- 2 Haas ST30 SSY lathes that allow us to do milling with live tooling on both axial, and peripheral milling, in the lathe utilizing the spindle as a 4th axis. With 4,500 main spindle RPM, 3.0” through spindle capacity with a 10” hydraulic chuck, and axis travels of X 12.5” Y +/- 2.0” Z 23.0” Live tooling RPM is 6,000
- We have a Haas CNC TL3 lathe, which allows us to get small quantity jobs done quickly with the same accuracy as the Haas ST30SSY lathes
- 2 conventional lathes and one conventional mill
- Amada horizontal band saw is self-feeding up to 144” and cuts within .015 of desired setting, with a cutting width and thickness of 12” and we have a Do-All vertical band saw.
- CNC lathe turning
- CNC milling
- NC saw cutting
- Conventional lathe turning
- Conventional milling
- Detail parts